Calculate and Display Churn

Hi community,

I wondered if anyone has been using domo to calculate and report on churn? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Hi Ramiz! 

Have you resolved this case? I'm having the same hard time figuring out how to do this... 

Best regards! 

Guillermo

• I set up a SQL dataflow to help us report on customer churn.  Domo doesn't have the best tools right now to report on cohort analyses like this, so you kinda have to hack your way into it.

What specifically are you both trying to calculate?

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi Aaron - Just checking in on this. How did you setup the dataflow to best track churn? Is it still working for you? Thanks.  

• Yeah, what we did was we created a dataflow that takes a list of all customers whether they've ordered or  not.  Onto that transform we then join actual sales data and have a series of columns with case statment calculations that end up being columns with name slike 'usd_amount_this_year', 'usd_amount_last_year', etc.  We have some added dimensionality around those measures, like product line, etc.

With those columns we're then able to do simple calculations in beast modes to analyze churn, like counting customers who had done certain business with us but aren't anymore.

We still get plenty of views on the cards we have built on this data.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.