Is it possible to limit labels on the world map?

Screenshot attached of an example label that appears when hovering over a city. I'd like to be able to control what is displayed in this hover over label and have not been able to figure out how to do this. 

I did search the help center before posting, but if there is already an answer to this question please feel free to link to it! 

Best Answer

• dthierjung
    dthierjung Contributor
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately there's no setting in the chart properties to do this on this particular visualization.

However you do control what field goes in the "label" column, and you get insert some creativity there through Beast Modes calculations and string concatenation. However that will be followed by a colon and the value column's value when you hover.

Hopefully they'll add some hover settings in a future release. If not, others would benefit from these options as well so maybe you can post it to the ideas forum on the Dojo.

Answers

• dthierjung
    dthierjung Contributor
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately there's no setting in the chart properties to do this on this particular visualization.

However you do control what field goes in the "label" column, and you get insert some creativity there through Beast Modes calculations and string concatenation. However that will be followed by a colon and the value column's value when you hover.

Hopefully they'll add some hover settings in a future release. If not, others would benefit from these options as well so maybe you can post it to the ideas forum on the Dojo.

• Thanks for your response. I ended up just generating a label outside of Domo and including it as a column in the uploaded datasource. 

This discussion has been closed.