Showing the period along with max

I've done a pretty straightforward dataflow that sums an amount, gives me some identifying information (location, lcoation#, period). 

I can do a table card that shows me the location and the max amount for that location.  But, when I the period, I'm getting all values.

I know I need to filter to only show the max value, but I'm not sure.  I can't actually do a filter on max value.

Is there some sort of trick to showing the max value for each location and the associated period?

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

So if I understand you correctly, you're looking to find the Max Amount and the period that the Max occured on for each location?

If that's correct, you should be able to modify your current dataflow and add a Rank & Window tile in the ETL.

Choose Rank from the functions listed, set the summed amount column as your column to order, choose Descending an then for the columns that make up the partition choose your location column.

Your new rank column will allow you to add a filter at the card level so that Rank = 1. This will remove all non-max summed amounts and provide you just with the rows containing the max amount, location, location # and period.

https://knowledge.domo.com/?cid=etlactionsrankandwindow

Let me know if you have any questions on this,

Valiant

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Answers

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

So if I understand you correctly, you're looking to find the Max Amount and the period that the Max occured on for each location?

If that's correct, you should be able to modify your current dataflow and add a Rank & Window tile in the ETL.

Choose Rank from the functions listed, set the summed amount column as your column to order, choose Descending an then for the columns that make up the partition choose your location column.

Your new rank column will allow you to add a filter at the card level so that Rank = 1. This will remove all non-max summed amounts and provide you just with the rows containing the max amount, location, location # and period.

https://knowledge.domo.com/?cid=etlactionsrankandwindow

Let me know if you have any questions on this,

Valiant

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• YES!!  Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was trying to do, just couldn't quite it right.

This discussion has been closed.