How do I translate this Tableau code to Domo?

Hi,

So I need to translate code from Tableau to Domo and since I am very new to Domo, I will need your help to translate this Tableau code that looks like this:

{ FIXED [Employee ID],[Area Code],[Supervisor Code],[Day of Date]:
IF SUM([Commission A])>SUM([New Base Salary Current]) AND SUM([Commission A])<SUM([Second Base Salary Current ) THEN SUM([First Achievement])+SUM([Original Premium])*SUM([Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current])

ELSEIF SUM([Commission A])>SUM([Second Base Salary Current )AND SUM([Commission A])<SUM([Third Plan Base Salary]) THEN SUM([New First Achievement])+SUM([Second Achievement])+SUM([Original Premium])*SUM([Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current])

ELSEIF SUM([Commission A])>SUM([Third Plan Base Salary]) THEN SUM([First Achievement])+SUM([Second Achievement])+SUM([Third Achievement])+SUM([Original Premium])*SUM([Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current])

ELSE 0
END

}

I've tried this: 

{ FIXED [Employee ID],[Area Code],[Supervisor Code],[Day of Date]:
CASE WHEN SUM`[Commission A]`>SUM`[New Base Salary Current]` AND SUM`[Commission A]`<SUM`[Second Base Salary Current ` THEN SUM`[First Achievement]`+SUM`[Original Premium]`*SUM`[Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current]`

CASE WHEN SUM`[Commission A]`>SUM`[Second Base Salary Current `AND SUM`[Commission A]`<SUM`[Third Plan Base Salary]` THEN SUM`[New First Achievement]`+SUM`[Second Achievement]`+SUM`[Original Premium]`*SUM`[Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current]`

CASEWHEN SUM`[Commission A]`>SUM`[Third Plan Base Salary]` THEN SUM`[First Achievement]`+SUM`[Second Achievement]`+SUM`[Third Achievement]`+SUM`[Original Premium]`*SUM`[Commission A]-[New Base Salary Current]`

ELSE 0
END

}

But apparently it didn't work and I don't know how to translate the Fixed syntax to Domo. 

Anyone can help? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

Comments

• You might want to try something like this instead

CASE 
    WHEN `Commission A ` > `New Base Salary Current`
    AND `Commission A` < `Second Base Salary Current`
    THEN (`First Achievement` + `Original Premium`) * (`Commission A - `New Base Salary Current`)

WHEN `Commission A` > `Second Base Salary Current`
    AND `Commission A` < `Third Plan Base Salary`
    THEN (`New First Achievement`+`Second Achievement`+`Original Premium`) * (`Commission A - `New Base Salary Current`)

WHEN `Commission A` > `Third Plan Base Salary`
    THEN (`First Achievement`+`Second Achievement`+`Third Achievement`+`Original Premium`) * (`Commission A - `New Base Salary Current`)

ELSE 0

END
    Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Thanks for the reply, @Godiepi

But how do you translate the Fixed function from Tableau in the Domo code?

Thanks again!

• I'm not sure of what type of vizualization you are trying to get but if it was a table card for example, the fixed function should not be a problem since you would be adding columns (Fixed fields) and the last would contain your beastmode that will automatically calculate and do the cuts depending on your columns (Grouping) selection. somehing like this

Employee IDArea CodeSupervisor CodeDay of DateBeastmode
    5578912x
    2298732y
    1345652z
    5578913z
    2298733x
    1345653y
    Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'