Why does the percentage change calc in Beast mode show -100% all the time?

I have a beast mode calculation that calculates % change in sales but the result in domo is always -100%. Below is my bbeast mode code. Any ideas?

(((CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 END) - (CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE)-1 and MONTH(Target.`ForDate`) <= MONTH(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 end))/(CASE WHEN YEAR(Target.`ForDate`) = YEAR(CURRENT_DATE)-1 and MONTH(Target.`ForDate`) <= MONTH(CURRENT_DATE) THEN Target.`RetailSales` else 0 end)) as PcntChangeSalesVsPY

Thanks,

Steve

Best Answer

• user09494
    user09494 Member
    Answer ✓

Resolved:

Depending on your data structure, I found that adding a "sum" in the calcuation fixed the issues; e.g Sum(y2/y1)

Hope that helps the next person.

Answers

• This probably has to do with the structure of your data set.  Keep in mind that beastmodes are only able to look at a single "row" of your data at a time.  Would you mind sharing a few sample rows of your data so that we can help troubleshoot?

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • I have a sample in the screenshot I attached earlier does that help?

Steve

• user09494
    user09494 Member
    Answer ✓

Resolved:

Depending on your data structure, I found that adding a "sum" in the calcuation fixed the issues; e.g Sum(y2/y1)

Hope that helps the next person.