Insights Feed

cwolman
cwolman Contributor

According to the new release notes the Insisghts feed can be customized for "you".  Exceprt from release notes - 

You can tailor your feed to show you the most meaningful Insights and NLG Analyses by rating each one using a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" icon.

My question is whether "you" is the user or the instance?  Will each user vote affect the entire instance?  

-----------------
Chris

Comments

• That's a good question. I'd like to expand on it. In general, the Insights feature is pretty cool. On the other hand, one of the insights on a card I'm looking at is "The average of 'Internal ID' is 868.111". Internal ID is just the database key, not a meaningful number. Ideally, we'll be able to tell Mr Roboto not to base any insights on non-insightful fields. Maybe that will come. For now, if I give it a thumbs down, am I telling it that this insight is no good for anyone or just that I don't want to see it. Am I telling it that we don't care about averages or that we don't care about Internal ID?

• SEC
    SEC Contributor

My insights are showing as the default view in place of the card filters and since my users are not used to seeing them, they may not notice that the filter is another tab.  I'd like to be able to switch back to defaulting to the filter with the filter open and not the insights showing.  Is there a way to do that? 

• cwolman
    cwolman Contributor

To my knowledge it is not possible.  This has caused confusion with our users as well.  I like the insights but I agree that the Quick Filters tab should be the default, especially on cards that are not supported by Insights, such as Table cards.

-----------------
    Chris
This discussion has been closed.