Show display text of hyperlink on export

Hey all,

I have a table in Domo that has a bunch of hyperlinks to external websites. Upon exporting the data, though, the hyperlink is shown as <a href="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" target="_blank">YYYYYYYYYY</a>. Upon export I would just like to show the "YYYYYYYYYY" text that is being displayed on the table in Domo, rather than showing the HTML.

Is this possible or a work around I can use?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

I'm unaware of a way to do this.  That HTML is really the data in that field, you're just kinda tricking the browser to display something different than the cell value.

Aside from manually removing the extra, you could probably write a macro in Excel to remove the HTML and keep just the text.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• Hi,

Is anyone able to help out with this request?

Thanks

• I'm also looking for help on this issue. Any ideas or workarounds? Thanks!

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓

I'm unaware of a way to do this.  That HTML is really the data in that field, you're just kinda tricking the browser to display something different than the cell value.

Aside from manually removing the extra, you could probably write a macro in Excel to remove the HTML and keep just the text.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.