Need ability to re-nest or move/copy existing pages or sub-pages to new subpages

Options

I've built a page that we'll call "Activity Report" and nested it under a personal page I use to manage my customers.  I shared this page with my boss and he asked me to make those cards part of his dashboard which is used to share with the entire organization.

There is no way to copy the existing page over to another subpage (without goign through each card manually), I can only modify the order that it's presented in its current state. (in other words I want to put 1.1 under 2.1).

1. Customers
    1. Activity Report
  2. Delivery
    1. Project

My alternative is to create a new sub-page or collection within 2.1 and copy each card over manually or share the 1.1 with the entire organization (which I'd like to avoid since it's my sandbox for new ideas).  Is there another alternative?

Best Answer

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was released last year and is currently part of the product.  I used it yesterday, in fact.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• cmarkum
    cmarkum Contributor
    Options

There isn't a way at this time to accomplish your request. There are a few suggestions in the Ideas Exchange to make this available which I recommend you review and like to get some momentum. The only way that I'm aware of is to Copy or Duplicate each card. You could use Publication Groups but that will limit the functionality as you cannot generate alerts or add a card in a Publication Group to your Favorites. 

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor
    Options

@Mike_Gall, did cmarkum's reply help you out?

• dscaglione
    Options

It's maddening that this isn't a basic option. Does their Product team listen to their actual users?

• AprilSage
    Options

This would be a hugely helpful feature.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Greetings,

I would suggest looking at these ideas:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Moving-pages-to-a-subpage/idi-p/17498

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Adding-moving-child-pages-bug-with-Company-Settings-pages/idi-p/1493

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Move-Sub-Page-to-Diferent-Parent-Page/idi-p/3428

and then voting them up by clicking on the white arrow next to the title of each idea.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• AS
    Options

This is currently in beta as part of the admin page, so we're almost there.

Aaron

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • dr
    dr Member
    Options

Can anyone tell me when this feature will be available to everyone?
    Looking forward to this! ?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@btm Can you shed light on this, I believe its pending release but want to confirm with you.

Thanks!

• btm
    btm Member
    Options

@DaniBoy - correct, the new Bulk Admin section is being released in our January release for anyone who has has an "Admin" role in their instance.

• dr
    dr Member
    Options

that's great to hear! thank you for your fast answer.

• phongtruong
    Options

Hello guys, were there any updates on this?

Thank you!

Truong Minh Phong

• AS
    AS Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

This was released last year and is currently part of the product.  I used it yesterday, in fact.

Aaron

• user08240
    Options

Great -- how do we actually do it? is there an how to anywere please?

@AS wrote:

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@user08240,

Have a look at this article and the additional ones in the footer of the article page.

Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.