Formatting Values in Calendar Card

I'm using a beastmode conactenating two text fields as the value in the calendar. See attached screenshot. I want to place the second value, after the " / " on the next line rather than under the first. Is that possible? It seems writing any html or a break statement isn't working. 

Domo.png 185.2K

Comments

• Hi mfaas,

I am getting the same issue with HTML and break. When you hover it actually shows the line break but in the calendar you actually see the <br> text. 

My only thought is to pull the data into R using the DomoR package and split the string on "/" then use sapply to split the names into separate rows. The end results would look something like 

Date               Name

10/8/18          Anand, Mike

10/8/18          Chad Pim(rest of name here)

Then when you upload the dataset back to Domo you will be able to use those fields in the calendar. use name in the sorting, and they should show on separate lines within the same date.

R Sample Code

#splits the strings into different columns
    s <- strsplit(yourtablename$name, split = "/")

#splits the different names into rows with the corresponding date
    yournewdf <- data.frame(name = rep(yourtablename$date, sapply(s, length)), name = unlist(s))

Hope this helps,

Brian

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
  • I don't think HTML will work in calendar cards.  New lines appear to be restricted to new records, not different columns on the same record.

You might have to break apart your values into individual records in a dataflow, if that's possible.

Let me know if my assumption about your data is incorrect.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hey Aaron thanks, I see what you mean. I think that may cause other issues with this data, but I see what you mean. I was hoping there was some sort of series feature or text wrapping feature I could use. 

• Thanks Brian, I may try this. 

This discussion has been closed.