Bringing in Fields with SFDC "lookup" types

I am having issues trying to build a chart that has Account Executive names plotted in the X axis but it seems like the field type is a LOOKUP which means that instead of seeing their names in the x axis, I see ID strings 00500000234234. What is the best practice to go about this so I can get their names and not their ID?

Best Answers

• pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

@jfestejo0614, since it's a lookup field in Salesforce, you should be able to bring their names in by selecting something like `Owner.Name` in your dataset. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • Billobi
    Billobi Contributor
    Answer ✓

When pulling a custom lookup field (often used for users to force an input selection) that is returning a UID, you'll want to try out the __r suffix.  Check out this -

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008llXIAQ

So if Account.country is a custom lookup, you'll need to put the field into your query as Account.country__r.Name to get the translated result.

Answers

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

Is the file that the Account Executive names are coming from in the lookup also included in your dataflow to Domo?

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • pliu
    pliu Contributor
    Answer ✓

@jfestejo0614, since it's a lookup field in Salesforce, you should be able to bring their names in by selecting something like `Owner.Name` in your dataset. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@jfestejo0614, Did the above suggestion help? Please let us know. Thanks!

• I have the same issue. I have an Account.country field, also Lookup type, and it is giving me data like a0fa00000077btLAAQ. How can I fix it?

• Billobi
    Billobi Contributor
    Answer ✓

When pulling a custom lookup field (often used for users to force an input selection) that is returning a UID, you'll want to try out the __r suffix.  Check out this -

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008llXIAQ

So if Account.country is a custom lookup, you'll need to put the field into your query as Account.country__r.Name to get the translated result.

This discussion has been closed.