Is it possible to limit labels on the world map?

I am designing a world map chart to display a total value for different countries. I wanted the labels to display the country name and the value but the label starts displaying countries with no data. I tried the "Hide no data" option but it alters the appearance of the map by taking out the silhouette of the country.

I was wondering if there is a way to show a limited amount of labels shown on the world map or a way to exclude no data countries without affecting the appearance of the map.

Best Answer

• Property_Ninja
    Property_Ninja Contributor
    Answer ✓

So, it doesn't look like you can limit the number of countries shown but you can limit the names of the countries to the ones that show up in the "COUNTRY NAME" range by using "%_RANGENAME" in the Data Label settings. You will still see "No Value" if you try to combine this with "%_VALUE" so what you can do is make the "Hover Text," "%_RANGENAME: %_VALUE" so when the user hovers over a country with a name it will display the name and value.

If Domo could add a similar macro "%_RANGEVALUE" then you would be able to show the map exactly how you explained in your first post but as of now that is not available.

Brian

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried to sort by total value, so the labels show the most populated countries first?

Brian

• I've just tried it and it is still displaying the other countries. Please see picture for the capture.

• Property_Ninja
    Property_Ninja Contributor
    Answer ✓

So, it doesn't look like you can limit the number of countries shown but you can limit the names of the countries to the ones that show up in the "COUNTRY NAME" range by using "%_RANGENAME" in the Data Label settings. You will still see "No Value" if you try to combine this with "%_VALUE" so what you can do is make the "Hover Text," "%_RANGENAME: %_VALUE" so when the user hovers over a country with a name it will display the name and value.

If Domo could add a similar macro "%_RANGEVALUE" then you would be able to show the map exactly how you explained in your first post but as of now that is not available.

Brian

• Ah okay, thank you for your help Brian Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.