Percent of Total on Table Chart

Can someone give me some assistance in displaying the percentage of total for a column on a table chart? I have a table with a count of employees by gender and this works fine on a pie chart using %_PERCENT_OF_TOTAL however someone would like it in a table.

Thanks.

Comments

• You'll need to edit your ETL process to add a column that provides the 'Total' for that metric and repeats it for each row. 

Example: 

Measure    Total

1                 10

4                 10

5                 10

Then at the card level you can do 

SUM(`Measure`) / MAX(`Total`) * 100

That will give the 'Percent of Total' you're looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Valiant

• That being said.  I think that a cross table is a fairly common analytical tool that seems to be missing from Domo currently.  I think I'll add this as a feature request.  Cross Table Cardcross table.png

You can vote for the idea here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Cross-Table-Card/idi-p/35262#M6648

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • WizardOz
    WizardOz Contributor

Hello, Valiant,

I did the % calculation as you suggested and got the %.  However, for my table card, if I only want to see top 10 rows and % calcualtion is based on the total of the top10.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

Olivia

• You can use SQL functions in Beastmode (not documented though).

Try this:

SUM('field name')/SUM(SUM('field name')) OVER ()

• Love it - thanks for posting! 

• If you haven't worked with Windowed Functions before, I give a longer (15min) answer on YouTube for a related use case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPf41Fjn1H8

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @simontarry76 Thank you so much for posting this! It was an absolute game changer and saved us trying to customize a dataflow to support about 10 different % of total dimension combinations.