Create 'same' drill path for multiple cards

Does anyone know of a way to create drill paths for multiple cards formatted the same way? I have several cards with similar data (same column names) and would like to create a drill path table for all of them, but would prefer not to do it 20 times. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

If you create the drill path on the first card, and then use the "save as" feature as you are replicating the card, the drill path is copied as well.

I am unfamiliar with a way to replicate a drill path once the cards have already been made without a lot of manual work.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

If you create the drill path on the first card, and then use the "save as" feature as you are replicating the card, the drill path is copied as well.

I am unfamiliar with a way to replicate a drill path once the cards have already been made without a lot of manual work.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi, I tried this on a card where I created the drill patch but it did not save the drill path card.

• Actually, I just tried the same exact thing again and it worked. Weird. Either way, thanks!

• We put in an enhancement request to have this functionality.  it woudl definitely be a time saver.  No solutions yet but if any ideas please share.

• This is huge issue that makes me wish I never had to use this platform. Making changes to 20 different card's drill down views, when each is identical, is really not the type of work I want to be doing.

• @PhilD  is there a way you could avoid having 20 of the same card by maybe using filter cards in your dashboard?

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.