DataSet API: APPEND failure behavior?

DataSquirrel
DataSquirrel Contributor

Background
I posted a question earlier that had way too many parts, so I'm breaking out individual questions. Hopefully, these are easier to answer now and easier for other people to discover later. I can figure much of this out by testing myself, but am hoping others already know and can answer without much effort.

Question
How do people manage APPEND to avoid duplicates and gaps? We've got a custom concurrency ID (sequence number) system in place for a custom sync tool, so we're able to track what we have and have not posted. But this assumes that we can get accurate feedback from the API about success and failure. For example, if we push 200 rows and 1 fails, is there a ROLLBACK, or does Domo insert 199 rows?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi,
    Anyone help out with this request?

Thanks,

• Austin
    Austin Domo Employee

Hey DataSquirrel,

Thank you for reaching out to Domo Support in regard to data update methods. In order to assist you as much as possible, could you please elaborate on the type of dataset you are referring to, or possibly provide a direct URL to it within your Domo environment? Each connector type may vary in the ways that they retrieve data, so I'd like to make sure that we get you well taken care of here.

If this is considered a high priority, then please call our number and reference the following ticket number:

Ticket: 05665907

1-801-805-9505

Have you been looking for a 1-stop shop for all your support cases? This message and all updates to this case can be tracked in the Customer Portal at support.domo.com. This portal makes it easy for you to track, update, and create all your support cases!

- Domo Technical Support

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jarvis
    Jarvis Domo Employee

@DataSquirrel

Here are the Knowledge Base articles on the Dataset API and Streams API. These will be your best resources on the topic. Outside of the details provided there, your advanced requests may most likely require help from your Client Success Manager as a consulting engagement.

https://developer.domo.com/docs/dataset/overview-5

This discussion has been closed.