Error: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for com

Getting Error in Workbench Job: Error: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in a Faulted state.

I have never seen this error before.

Has anyone come across this before? How can it be fixed?

Regards,

Comments

• AS
    AS Coach

That's a .NET server connection issue.  Is your workbench version correctly connected to your Domo instance (with a current API key and Domo server) and also to the data, whether it be ODBC or file?

Does that happen when you preview the data or only when you try to run a job?

It sounds to me like one of those sides is broken.  Probably the instance account if it's only when you run the job but not when you preview.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • I keep receiving this error when trying to run a job. How do I get past this error?

• AS
    AS Coach

The first two things I would check are connection to Domo and then connection to your source system.

Confirm that your workbench installation is connected to Domo.  Is your Domo instance listed in your Accounts section of workbench?  Is the token for that workbench install still valid?

Second, if your account is up to date and connected to Domo, are you able to connect to your source data?  If you have the local file, ODBC connection, FTP file, etc configuration set up, can you successfully preview the data?  If not, are the settings correct? 

If you are both successfully connected to Domo and workbench can access the source data, then you should be able to upload to Domo. If you can't, there may be a network or other problem and you may need to consult with Domo support or your IT team.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.