NULL Values

NULL Values seem to cause some confusion. 

First, when filtering on a field that has a NULL value and you select that as a filter, it does not provide any results. Secondly, when adding fields, where a NULL value may exist, it won't necessarily add together, but rather provide a NULL result (10 + NULL = NULL). I have seen this in both creating dataflows (primarily the latter example) and in creating cards. I know there are workaround to map NULLs to 0s or using case statements in beast modes, however I'm wondering if there is something else out there to make this simpler? 

Best Answer

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Great question. You're already on the right track. Using a data flow or beastmode in this case is certainly your best bet. 

This article describes two different ways to address NULL values with a beast mode:

Giving a value to a null field

Let me know if you have any further questions about the methods outlined in the thread above. 

Answers

• Unknown
    Answer ✓

Great question. You're already on the right track. Using a data flow or beastmode in this case is certainly your best bet. 

This article describes two different ways to address NULL values with a beast mode:

Giving a value to a null field

Let me know if you have any further questions about the methods outlined in the thread above.