I need to be able to change the Salesforce value field ex. USD $10000 to a decimal in ETL...

I need to be able to change the Salesforce value field ex. USD $10000 to a decimal in ETL, so that I can group by month etc.  

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

If I understand you correctly, you're needing to strip the non-numeric data from the field and the convert to a decimal.

You can easily do this via the following ETL steps:

First you'll want to add a 'Replace Text' option enter the following the Search term field:

[^0-9.]

And set the 'Use RegEx' check box for the Search as shown:

image.png

Once you've replaced all the text with the Empty String option, you then want to 'Set Column Type' and just choose Decimal if that's what you want.

Your resultant dataset at the end should then be workable with a numeric value.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Answers

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓

If I understand you correctly, you're needing to strip the non-numeric data from the field and the convert to a decimal.

You can easily do this via the following ETL steps:

First you'll want to add a 'Replace Text' option enter the following the Search term field:

[^0-9.]

And set the 'Use RegEx' check box for the Search as shown:

image.png

Once you've replaced all the text with the Empty String option, you then want to 'Set Column Type' and just choose Decimal if that's what you want.

Your resultant dataset at the end should then be workable with a numeric value.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

• Worked perfectly thanks so much!!