Using SQL Query to create cards.

How to create cards using Oracle SQL query i.e. I have a Oracle SQL query which I can use to create the card. Where I need to embed the SQL to create the visualization using that?

Comments

• AS
    AS Coach

If you have a SQL query, you probably want to use Domo's Workbench application to connect that query output to your Domo instance. Then you can schedule the query to run at regular intervals and update the data upon which your card will be built.

Workbench is usually installed on a server that has a DSN configured with Oracle connection information.  Pretty much like you'd have on Oracle SQL Developer.

This is how we have a LOT of our data set up since we're an Oracle shop.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks Aaron for the reply.. Now here there is a situation.. I have all the database installed on a different machine which I access using VPN (remotely), so how can I connect myworkbench to that server? As Iam also not allowed use/ install any external tools in that machine. Any light you can throw as to how we need to go ahead about the same?

• Also Aaron, is there any sample database which I can connect to check SQL query implementation using DOMO.Also is there any way to get the data in a separate DB server (which we connect using VPN) to DOMO?

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

As Aaron mentioned earlier, you'll have to create a DSN/ODBC entry on your machine to create the connection to the DB server. then you can use that ODBC connection in Wokrbench to connect to the DB.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
This discussion has been closed.