Window functions missing from MySQL

Hi, 

I'm trying to use SQL windowing functions with DOMO data flows, but they are not recognized. After checking for the version of MySQL, I saw that DOMO is still using an old version of MySQL: 5.6.28-76.1-56.

Window functions make time based analytics much easier and would be great to have for serious analytics. Now I need to either move the whole analytics pipeline to BigQuery or write complex joins. Are there plans to update MySQL to version 8.0.X ?

Thanks,

Henrik Petander

Best Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I agree that it would be nice to have this ability in MySQL data flows.  However, you can use window functions in redshift:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • cwolman
    cwolman Contributor
    Answer ✓

Domo hass implemented the window and rank functions in Magic ETL.  This is another option if you prefer not to use redshift.

-----------------
    Chris

Answers

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

I agree that it would be nice to have this ability in MySQL data flows.  However, you can use window functions in redshift:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • cwolman
    cwolman Contributor
    Answer ✓

Domo hass implemented the window and rank functions in Magic ETL.  This is another option if you prefer not to use redshift.

-----------------
    Chris
  • henrikp
    henrikp Member

Thank you, the option to choose the database is something I had overlooked.

@ST_-Superman-_wrote:

• henrikp
    henrikp Member

Thank you, it's good to learn the alternative ways to solve the problem in DOMO.