Is there any way to connect to an FTP/SFTP server in a custom connector?

I am building a custom connector, and the API call to get the data I need will not return the data over HTTP, but instead generates a csv file that is placed on an external SFTP server. I know JavaScript does not have functionality to work with SFTP, but as this is using the Nashorn engine, I believe it should theoretically be possible to use Java classes to accomplish this, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help finding a way to connect to this SFTP server and upload the csv file to Domo from the custom connector would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Contributor

@AL-where Not sure about exactly how to set up your custom connector, but if you're able to get the file deposited in an SFTP server, you could use the CSV-SFTP Connector to pull the file into Domo.

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @Jaketh13 Thanks for the response, and I had considered this as a solution. Unfortunately that won't quite work for two reasons:

1. The file is actually a csv in a compressed .zip folder.

2. The file does not always have the same name, and I get the file name from the response to the http request placed in the custom connector.

• Marc_H
    Marc_H Member

User06053,

Not sure if you figured this out, but the CSV Advanced should solve your problems.

Warm regards,

MH

This discussion has been closed.