Changing date from 2016-01-22 to 01-22-2016

Hi,

I've seen posts that are similiar but not quite my same issue.  My data is coming in like 01/22/2016 and DOMO is changing it to 2016-01-22.  Can you please help on converting it to month-day-year format.

I've used the below but wondering if there is anything in the ETL(Magic preferrably) to do it so I don't have to have multiple beastmodes for date all over my selects.

DATE_FORMAT(`Start/Invoice Date`, '%m-%d-%Y')

Best Answer

• creed
    creed Contributor
    Answer ✓

Thanks for clarifying @DMJerry. Since the data is coming in as a date then we should be able to adjust the format of the date using the chart properties. Here is an example of how to do that. I don't think there's a way to change this globally, it has to be done at the card level.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.33.53 AM.png

Does that approach meet your needs?

Thank you,

Creed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• creed
    creed Contributor

Hi @DMJerry thanks for reaching out. Can you provide a little more information about the issue you're seeing?  Is the data coming in as a date format, or is it text? Also, are you seeing the date being formatted as YYYY-MM-DD in a card or in the dataset in the datacenter?

Thank you,

Creed

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Hi @creed, Thank you for the response.  The data is coming in as a date.  In the CSV raw file it's "MM/DD/YYYY" but when it comes out into the final dataset it is in this format "YYYY-MM-DD" .. I don't mind the "-" vs "/" but I wanted to change the format within Magic(if possible) so I don't have to do the beastmode that I've had to use in my original post.  

Thanks for your help.

• creed
    creed Contributor
    Answer ✓

Thanks for clarifying @DMJerry. Since the data is coming in as a date then we should be able to adjust the format of the date using the chart properties. Here is an example of how to do that. I don't think there's a way to change this globally, it has to be done at the card level.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 11.33.53 AM.png

Does that approach meet your needs?

Thank you,

Creed

• Thanks @creed , sorry but I should've been more clear but this is for table cards which do not have that option.  This is definitely a solution, so I'll mark it, but i really need it for table cards.  I'll send it to feedback as an enhancement for the table card chart properties.

Thank you for all your help.

This discussion has been closed.