Standardizing Naming Conventions - Can we change Redshift columns to proper format?

Options

We're attempting to standardize our naming conventions and would prefer to use a Proper format. However I can't find a way to modify the column headers with Redshift datasets as they automatically get convered into lower case format. Is there a way to do this? I've attempted using Alter Table in Redshift with no luck so far.

I would hate to have to be forced into using lower case format for all my data sets (so we can use page filters effectively) and then rely on labels for every single field in our cards to make them more professional looking.

Comments

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor
    Options

@D-Rab

At this point in time, labels are the workaround, but at Domopalooza, a feature which will allow column header name changes at the dataset level was announced. 

There wasn't an ETA on the feature, but this would be a potential workaround in the hopefully near future. 

Another possible workaround would be to use mysql or magic ETL for your ETL processes, but since you're using Redshift I'm assuming that's not possible for your datasets.

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'