"An issue has occurred" When try to change the date range in Analyzer

Hi,

For all my cards, I am not able to change date range in the analyzer. The only date range I could use is "All Time", and if I selet any other date ranges, the error message wil show up. 

Capture.PNG

Is there something wrong in my settings?

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓

I think your issue is the format of your Date Field.  In your data flow, you want use the function "Set Column Type".  Set your Date column to a date format.  This is how the analyzer will recognize the field as a date.  I am providing a screenshot of the setting I used for one of my date fields.  

I hope this helps!  If it does, please mark it as a solution.  ?

Date and Time.png

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• DataMaven
    DataMaven Coach
    Answer ✓

I think your issue is the format of your Date Field.  In your data flow, you want use the function "Set Column Type".  Set your Date column to a date format.  This is how the analyzer will recognize the field as a date.  I am providing a screenshot of the setting I used for one of my date fields.  

I hope this helps!  If it does, please mark it as a solution.  ?

Date and Time.png

DataMaven
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Agreed @DataMaven 

Good catch.  Domo will display the data type next to the card when building a card.  A string field will have a "T" and a date field will have a calendar.1.png

If you don't want to fix from inside a dataflow, you could use a beastmode to change the data type for this card:2.png

You can also use DATE_FORMAT().

Here is a knowledge base article on date formats.

Good luck @user006658  Let us know if you have more questions.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • @user006658 - Did adjusting the format fix your issue?  If so, please mark my message as a soution.  Thanks!

@ST_-Superman-_ - Thanks for adding additional context!  ?

DataMaven
  • Thank you so much for your help! ? And the link you shared is really useful! Thanks!

• Yes, it worked out! Thank you so much!

Just a quick related question - after the date range was fixed, I start to have a date aggrefation problem. For example, when I select "this quarter", instead of showing 3 bars (Jan, Feb, Mar), it gives me this x-axis:

Do you have any thoughts on how to fix this? Thank you so much!

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

make sure the 'Group by' is set to Month.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
This discussion has been closed.