Select the position of the totals row on a sumo pivot

Options

There are 2 cards, both sumos with almost identical fields: Y-Axis by Customer, X-Axis by Date, Values are a count of a text value. These are the same between the cards, but one card has a row of totals at the top and the other has the totals at the bottom. How can I change these positions? I would like them both to appear at the top.

Best Answer

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

So that top row on the "What we want" image is actually a count of the blank or null values in your pivot.

To get your second example to do the same behavior, you would need to do something like this to your data:

SELECT `CustomerName`, `Date`, `SubmissionID` FROM CustomerSubmissions
    UNION ALL
    SELECT '' AS 'CustomerName', `Date`, `SubmissionID` FROM CustomerSubmissions

This would "re-select" the same fields, but with blank customer names, and append them to your dataset. That way when you do your pivot, it would show that top blank row and it would be a 'Count' of the top blanks by each date range. That should mimic the behavior you're seeing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.

Answers

• Valiant
    Options

I'm not aware of a way to move the total from the top or bottom.

Is it possible that you're looking at the Subtotal section as shown in the screenshot from this Pivot View section here? https://knowledge.domo.com/Welcome/Domo_User_Interface/12Sumo_Editor_Layout#Pivot_View

Or is it the Grand Total row itself that you have at the top of Sumo card? Any chance you could include a screenshot of the behavior your wanting?

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

• user05095
    Options

I have attached 2 images. The first is what we are looking for: the top row containing the aggregated totals within each column. The second is not shoing those totals, but the structure of the card is identical, they just use different datasets.

• Valiant
    Valiant Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

So that top row on the "What we want" image is actually a count of the blank or null values in your pivot.

To get your second example to do the same behavior, you would need to do something like this to your data:

SELECT `CustomerName`, `Date`, `SubmissionID` FROM CustomerSubmissions
    UNION ALL
    SELECT '' AS 'CustomerName', `Date`, `SubmissionID` FROM CustomerSubmissions

This would "re-select" the same fields, but with blank customer names, and append them to your dataset. That way when you do your pivot, it would show that top blank row and it would be a 'Count' of the top blanks by each date range. That should mimic the behavior you're seeing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

ValiantSpur

This discussion has been closed.