Workbench 4.5 Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I'm getting this issues when a do a preview on a new dataset. I'm trying to connect to SAP BW system via ODBC connection. The connection is successful  and Validate configuration turns green. But when I'm trying to extract data from a DSO is where I'm having this issue. 

I'm more of SAP BW guy than a DOMO one. Any pointers what I'm doing wrong

Thanks,
Voodi

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• NWolf
    NWolf Domo Employee

Hi,

The error coming back from Workbench says there is a null when looking for an object, so something isn't in the location that Workbench has been pointed to look. 

I did notice that you're on Workbench 4.5, which is dated now. We always recommend using the latest version. It is possible this problem will resolve itself when you upgrade to the most recent version. When you do upgrade, be sure to backup all of your Workbench jobs first. 

Try this to see if it resolves the issue. If not, your next best step will be to contact Domo Support for further assistance.

Thanks.

-Nate Wolf

-Domo Support

If I have answered your question, please click “Yes” on my comments option.

• WHM
    WHM Contributor

We are using CData's ODBC connector to hit SAP and I get that error if the SQL is not right for any reason. I will sometimes disable a job by putting something random like "bob" at the end of the SQL. If you are using CData's driver, it is very particular... Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.