Inherited Color Rules

I have a problem with inherited color rules.

I made a card with scale marker on $100k and set up colors for values over $100k to green and values under $100k to red. After that, I made a drill and tried to set up colors for bars in drill card, but those bars keep showing in red, because a values are less than $100k and I am not able to change it, since it says " 2 rules inherited from this view's Drill Path".

Is there any chance I can turn it off, and change the color of bars in a drill that I made in my card?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

There really isn't a function for this.  You just need to write the field name in the beast mode:1.png

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• The color rules are applied to either the card or the color set. Both of which would get applied to your drill path. The work around is to create a beast mode that does not have the color rule. For example, if you have a color rule on `sales` and then you want to change or remove those rules on your drill path the beast mode would just be 

`sales` 

then an you would name it something like ‘drill sales` 

the two two fields will now have the same data, but you can apply different color rules

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. I understand what are you talking, but I don't know how to make it out.

I used REPLACE before but changing the value of the column.

Could you please help mi how to write the functoin to change the column name from `sales` to `drill_sales`?

Thank you in advance.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓

There really isn't a function for this.  You just need to write the field name in the beast mode:1.png

• Thank you very much, this was exactly what I was looking for!

This discussion has been closed.