filter top 10

smaiolo
smaiolo Contributor

Hi Domo,

Is there any way to show only the top 10 nested bars from the chart below?

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

• AustinH
    AustinH Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

You could create a rank beast mode to sort the data by the companies you want to see. With that beast mode in the sort field you could then put '10' int he # of Rows field and that would display whatever you chose to be the top 10 categories. This method, however, would not give you a dynamic top 10, it would need to be coded to the companies you would want to see.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"

Answers

• AustinH
    AustinH Domo Employee

The nested bar chart does have the funtionality to limit to a certain amount of series. This functionality is based on whatever is placed in the Sort order. It appears that you're sorting this on the % value in your example. In this case, if you were to put 10 in the # of rows field in the card, it would take the top 10 colored bars in your graph, which probably wouldn't get you what you want.

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • AustinH
    AustinH Domo Employee
    Answer ✓

You could create a rank beast mode to sort the data by the companies you want to see. With that beast mode in the sort field you could then put '10' int he # of Rows field and that would display whatever you chose to be the top 10 categories. This method, however, would not give you a dynamic top 10, it would need to be coded to the companies you would want to see.

• Select the properties tab and in properties bar --> general--> select the maximum number of bars to be displayed. In my case, I set it to 15 and it showed me top 15 products pushing the rest of the cases to 'others' category.  caution: before doing this sort the graph by Descending. Hope this helps. Thank you. 

• any example of rank in beast mode? i actually tried rank and row_number functions. didnt work. may b my syntax was wrong

• Can't find anything in the 'general settings' properties for this.

This discussion has been closed.