Using calculated fields in Card Summary

We have two series listed on a stacked bar graph. Both series use a calculated field. We would like to show the totals across a time horizon as a summary number for the graph. However there seems to be no way to show values. Also it seems we can't select a calculated value. Is there another way to achieve this? Thank you.

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee

@user07065 You should be able to put any of your calculated fields in the Summary Number. One thing to note is that they don't display with the "=" before the name when you're looking for them in the Summarry Number "Field & Function" dropdown. If you are still not seeing it in there, send a screenshot of the name of the beast mode and where it should appear in the dropdown.

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

Can you share youre beast mode/calculated field?

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee

@Godzilla I don't know what your column names and values are, but I've done it with all kinds of crazy stuff in my own cards. Here's an example of one I've done in a card on my instance:

CONCAT('My Closed Cases this Week: ', SUM(CASE WHEN `Owner.Name`='Jake Harris' THEN 1 END),' / ',
    ' Agent Avg: ', ROUND(COUNT(`Owner.Name`) / (COUNT(DISTINCT`Owner.Name`)))
    )

Do you have a specific beast mode that you are not able to use in the summary number? If so, share it and I can see if I can do something similar.

(Unless your real question was wanting to know if it's possible to share Beast Modes, in which case, the answer is: Yes. You just need to check the box to share it on the DataSet when editing the Beast Mode.)

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Domo Employee

@Godzilla @user07065 Something I realize I didn't clarify here that may be the issue you are running into: Summary numbers can only be aggregated fields. If you try to just stick a string in a Beast Mode, it won't allow you to use it by itself.

Thanks,
    Jake
This discussion has been closed.