Disconnect Data Table View From Visualization

When the data table came out I thought it was a brilliant idea, until I learned that any filtering and sorting on the data table would also apply to your visualization.  For me the point of the data table here was to troubleshoot your visualization.   Often times to understand  your data you need to look at it differently than the visualization.  It would be really nice if there was an ability to disconnect the visualization from the data table below.  So that any action in the data table would not impact the visualization.  I as for a toggle, because it is often nice to use the visualization as a starting point.  But when I start to dig, I don't want that to alter my visualization.

Taking this a step further, if you do have settings on the data table that are impacting your visualization, I want an indication of this like the number bubbles on the card settings.  I recently wasted a lot of my time and support's time trying to troubleshoot a card that would not display all the data.  Come to find out, the user who created this card set the row limit on the data table to 10.  Would have saved a lot of time if I had something indicating that there was a setting here that was altering the visualization.

Tagged:

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Jaketh13
    Jaketh13 Contributor

@mkozai nearly all of the other filters you put on a card from the Data Table will be evident. If you filter a row, it will appear in your filters, if you do a sum, it will show that it's being summed in the preview. I definitely think you're right about the row limit though. That's something that would be worth indicating more clearly. You should post that on the idea exchange so that it can get some traction and get integrated into future versions: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/idb-p/Ideas

Thanks,
    Jake
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.