Any Success Using Workbench in Parallels VM on a Mac?

Hey all,

I'm considering running Parallels on my Mac in order to be able to use Workbench from my Mac, instead of switching over to my Windows machine.  Has anyone tried Workbench in Parallels on Mac, and if so, how successful/frustrating was the process?

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• arifilm
    arifilm Member
    Answer ✓

I use Workbench 4 on my Mac through Parallels both on Macbook Pro and an IMac.  No problems. works great for me...I am using it to upload to Domo manually and append a database...though I have not used it on an automatic schedule.  I will say my iMac is newer and top of the line and it's butter.  Macbook Pro is older and it works fine but not as fast.

Any questions, please let me know

Ari 

Ari Pitchenik

VP Affiliate Marketing

Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing

Answers

• arifilm
    arifilm Member
    Answer ✓

I use Workbench 4 on my Mac through Parallels both on Macbook Pro and an IMac.  No problems. works great for me...I am using it to upload to Domo manually and append a database...though I have not used it on an automatic schedule.  I will say my iMac is newer and top of the line and it's butter.  Macbook Pro is older and it works fine but not as fast.

Any questions, please let me know

Ari 

Ari Pitchenik

VP Affiliate Marketing

Warner Bros. Worldwide TV Marketing

• gush
    gush Member

Thanks, Ari!  I've now got workbench working on my MacBook Pro using Parallels in the "Coherence" mode.  I appreciate you sharing your experience!

• Hey Gush,

any initial feedback regarding Workbench and parralels for MAC?

Any short comings or issues worth noting? I ask becasue I am in the process of determining which software/VM product to add to my MAC for use with DOMO workbench.

-jt

• user06937, Domo Workbench worked well using Parallels, though I can't comment on the latest version of Parallels, and I'm still using Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.5).  

The only real shortcoming is just that Parallels does utilize a good chunk of RAM, so keeping it running full time to accommodate scheduled jobs in Workbench may prove to be an issue.  In my case, most of the data I was reaching for was behind a VPN anyway, so I didn't schedule my jobs, but ran them manually when necessary, then quit Parallels when I wasn't using Workbench.

• user06937, Domo Workbench worked well using Parallels, though I can't comment on the latest version of Parallels, and I'm still using Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.5).  

The only real shortcoming is just that Parallels does utilize a good chunk of RAM, so keeping it running full time to accommodate scheduled jobs in Workbench may prove to be an issue.  In my case, most of the data I was reaching for was behind a VPN anyway, so I didn't schedule my jobs, but ran them manually when necessary, then quit Parallels when I wasn't using Workbench.

This discussion has been closed.