Percent comparison chart with more than 100%

I hope I explain this correctly.  I am trying to get a stacked chart where my field 'Estimated Hours' = 100% and my 'Actual Hours' is a percentage of 'Estimated Hours'. The Estimated Hours field has different values across the chart so I didn't think they'd all be even at the top.  I'd also like to show it where if the Actual Hours is less than the Estimated, that the actual will show as green but if it is more than the estimated, that the amount above the 100% line shows as red. I've tried a few different charts for this.  I'm attaching images of what I currently have but I know its wrong.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.13.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-10 at 1.14.03 PM.png

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Hi jlazerus,

I think an easier way to go would be to use a Grouped Bar Card, with one column being the Estimated Hours, and the second being Actual Hours, that way when viewing the card, it will quickly be apparent if the actual hours are larger or smaller than the Estimated Hours.

As well, you will need to write a BeastMode to be able to make the Color Rule work properly. An example of this beast mode would be:

CASE
    WHEN
    `Actual Hours` > `Estimated Hours`

THEN 1

ELSE 0

END

Then in the Color Rule, if (BeastMode Name) is 1, then Red, otherwise Green.

I hope that helps you with this card!

Josh Thorn

DOMO Support

This discussion has been closed.