Display percent variance as Summary Number while using Period-over-Period card

Has anyone come up with a way to display the variance shown on a period-over-period card as a field for the summary number?

I've got a card which displays our attendance this year-to-date compared to last year-to-date. While the variance is displayed on the card, the CEO wants the variance also shown as a summary number. 

I've tried many of the other solutions I've found either here in the Dojo or in the KB, but while the formula will validate in beast mode, it does not appear to actually produce anything. I am interpreting "not appear to actually produce anything" by the zero (including decimals) I see in the summary number.

Of note with one proposed solution I found here in the dojo, other users speculated that the calcuation wasn't working due to the time period being selected as "Year to Date, by Year."

In any case, just curious if anyone has solved this for one of their cards, and if so, would you share how you got it to work with the community?

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• Is anyone able to help out with this request?

• Hello!

This would be a great feature to have inside of Domo! As this is currently not supported, an Enhancement Request is the best way to get that going.

Here is a link to our FAQ concerning Enhancement Request processing, and how to submit feedback inside of Domo: https://knowledge.domo.com?cid=faqs

You are also able to create suggestions in the Domo Dojo here: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Please-suggest-ideas-to/idb-p/Ideas. In this section of the Dojo, customer suggestions can be "liked" by other customers, and updates will be intermittently provided about whether something will be implemented, and if so, when. 

Our product team reviews every enhancement request submitted so keep the ideas flowing. Thank you for taking the time to help improve DOMO.

Regards,

Josh Thorn
    Technical Advisor
    Domo Support

• Chips
    Chips Contributor

Hi Brian,

We have a page full of cards that do this, not just calcing period-over-period but doing so with conditionally formatted summary numbers. If you want to post your beastmode, I am happy to take a look. Also, @MattGo is a real expert on this topic, he is the one that taught me!

Domo Consultant

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.