Email Connector - multiple attachments

I'm trying to get an email connector to work on an email that contains multiple attachments. It seems that even though I specify the name of the attachment in the details of the connector, it always seems to pull in the data from the first attachment.

Best Answer

Answers

• Matt84096
    Matt84096 Domo Employee

Thank you for your question; I'm looking into the details. In the meantime, can you tell me what email service (Outlook, etc.) you are using?

• Matt84096
    Matt84096 Domo Employee

Can you provide the file name? Special characters may pose issues.

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

yes, it is Outlook

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

PdTqanspI604790

I'm not seeing any special characters. Also, the connectors do pull in data (they aren't breaking or producing an error), it's just coming from the wrong attachment (PdTqanspI604785)

• Matt84096
    Matt84096 Domo Employee

Okay, thanks, I'll look a bit deeper into this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

Capture.JPG

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

Capture.JPG

The circled file is what I'm trying to get into the connector, but it's pulling the data from the highlighted file

• Matt84096
    Matt84096 Domo Employee

I wasn't able to zero in on the issue just by referring to the connector documentation, and I didn't see any other likely causes from the information you provided. Given the specific nature of the issue, I would recommend contacting Domo Support: support.domo.com

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

• @smaiolo,

I think the issue may be that the email attachment expression is not being recognized. Does this attachment name change with each email?

If it always starts with PdTagIaXXXX.csv, then try inputing 

PdTagIa* in the 'Attachment Name Expression' field.

Jacob Folsom
    **Say “Thanks” by clicking the “heart” in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @smaiolo,

Please mark any of the replies to your question as "Accept as Solution" if they solved your problem.

Thanks!

• @smaiolo,

Did the replies here help you out or did you contact Domo Support in this case?

Thanks!

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

no, the attachement name remains the same. As you can see from the picture, there are 5 different attachements. no matter what I do, Domo pulls in data from the first attachement, even when the name expression is equal to any of the other attachement names.

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor

I contacted support about this issue a while agao and they have not responded yet

• Thanks @smaiolo,

I sent you a PM to send me the case number so we can follow up.

Regards,

• smaiolo
    smaiolo Contributor
    Answer ✓

Domo Support has told me that their email data connector only supports one attachment. I've submitted the ability to support multiple attachments to Feedback.

Here is a link to my submission to the idea exchange:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Support-Multiple-Attachments-in-Email-Data-Connector/idi-p/27881#M5718