Domo Beast mode row aggregation

Hi Domo-Community!

Hopefully, you can help me!

I have a table like the enclosed one, which is based on a huge file, with the help of ETL I was able to reduce the complexity to this level.

My problem is that I can´t aggregate each day to one row. The aggregation is based on the filter.

So, when I want to see salesfigure for all platforms and all productgroups, there only should be one row with an aggregation of the sales figures 1 to 3.

If I won´t to check platform 1+2 and sales for product group 2+3, there only should be 1 row per day, if anysales happend.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a good solution for my problem, perhaps someone knows a smart one!

Many thanks!

Nikolaus

Best Answer

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Ok,

Do you have the "salesfigure" fields calculation set to SUM? Like this:

2017-10-17_160523.png

All the 3 fields need to be set this way.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

If I correctly understood your problem and you want to aggregate to the level you are describing, you can't have the "platform" or "productgroup" columns directly on the table, because like that you are setting your grouping to date, platform, productgroup. With every different combination of the date, platform, productgroup DOMO will add a new row to the table.

Either find a suitable aggregator for "Platform" and "ProductGroup",  or delete them from the table.

If you really need the columns present in the table, what would their value be?

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to ask if you need more insight on this.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Hi,

I actually don´t need "Productgoup" and "Platform" within the table. I tried your suggestion before, but unfortunately I still had the same outcome, but without those 2 columns.

Thanks

Nikolaus

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Do you have "Productgoup" or "Platform" in the sort order?

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• No, my sort order is only based on "Date". Productgroup and Platform are only used as Filters.

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Is this anything like what you need:

2017-10-17_151816.png

Regards,

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• Thats exactly it.

Could you explain me how to aggregate the sales figures?

Thanks

nikolaus

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Ok,

Do you have the "salesfigure" fields calculation set to SUM? Like this:

2017-10-17_160523.png

All the 3 fields need to be set this way.

Let me know if it worked for you.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• I am very sorry, I thought that a SQL case is necessary, I didn´t even think of such a convenient solution.

Many thanks!!

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

You're welcome.

Best regards.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves