How can I format my data label numbers portrayed to have () for negative numbers instead of -

...as subject...

Want my number labels in by card elements (bar, line, etc) to be able to represent a negative number as such (1,000) or ($1,000) or (10.5%) instead of -1,000    <> also works.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Depending on what chart type you're using. You can click on the Value Scale option and you shoud see a Negative Numbers section as shown below. This is where you can choose to have negatives displayed with () instead of -image.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

**Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this post solves your problem
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up if this post helped you.

• Hi,

Thanks for the quick and great reply...

This does take care of any x/y axis formatting or hover data rendered, but we are placing the "hover values" within the bar (of a bar chart), and cannot seem to format those numbers as requested.

Thanks

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi,

I think that if you are referring to data labels in addition to what @Valiant indicated, you should set the Use Scale Format propertie on Data Label Settings to True.

Dojo_DataLabelFormat.png

However, after some tests, I wasn't able either to achieve the correct results and from my point of view, it appears to be an ISSUE with Domo. Although hover values if appear to format correctly if their properties are set accordingly.Maybe support can give some information on this.

Dojo_DataLabelFormat2.png

Hope this helps.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Yes, @RGranada we are experiencing that same "bug" in our case.  Will definitely run this up with DOMO as it does create "sloppy" dashboard rendering imo.  Thanks @RGranada and @Valiant!

This discussion has been closed.