Nested Bar Tip for Creating Additional Bar

Hi,

I'm currently using the Nested Bar Graph to visualize both open and closed orders. I also need to put the forecasted amount on the specific region in the graph.

Is there a way to place another bar in the graph to show the forecasted amount, open and closed orders per region?

Best Answer

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi,

From my point of view, you will have to create a Beastmode for each of the series like this :

Open Orders

SUM( CASE WHEN `STATUS` ='Open' THEN `Amount` END

Closed Orders

SUM( CASE WHEN `STATUS` ='Closed' THEN `Amount` END

Adjust field names to your case .Then you can use them as your series and add the forecast as another series.

To achieve what you suggest in your drawing, you will have to change your chart type to "Grouped & Stacked" in order to allow you to have 2 series in a bar and another one grouped.

Here's an lustration of the final result :

DOMO_NEW_ANALYZER_Grouped_Stacked.png

Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to ask if you need more clarifying.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi,

From my point of view, you will have to create a Beastmode for each of the series like this :

Open Orders

SUM( CASE WHEN `STATUS` ='Open' THEN `Amount` END

Closed Orders

SUM( CASE WHEN `STATUS` ='Closed' THEN `Amount` END

Adjust field names to your case .Then you can use them as your series and add the forecast as another series.

To achieve what you suggest in your drawing, you will have to change your chart type to "Grouped & Stacked" in order to allow you to have 2 series in a bar and another one grouped.

Here's an lustration of the final result :

DOMO_NEW_ANALYZER_Grouped_Stacked.png

Hope this helps, but don't hesitate to ask if you need more clarifying.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
This discussion has been closed.