Alerts Triggered but no email

Domofied
Domofied Contributor

Hi Domo Support,

I've noticed a card's alert is being triggered and recorded in Domo, but the email notification is not sent.

Its a table card displaying Freight Details where the notification will trigger when the least cost carrier is not selected.

1. Table Card with Alert - Shows its triggered1. Table Card with Alert - Shows its triggered

2. Has multiple Users subscribed to the Alert2. Has multiple Users subscribed to the Alert

3. Showing there is a history of triggered alerts but without email notifications.3. Showing there is a history of triggered alerts but without email notifications.

At first we checked junk and spam folders but found nothing.

Then we subscribed other logins to test if other people can receive the email notification. Still no email,

The card's Dataset is from an ETL Dataflow with Beastmode calculations.

- So I've copied this card and removed the Beastmode functions - Unsuccessful

- Copied the ETL Dataflow and removed the Value Mapper function - Unsuccessful

- Connected the card directly to the dB (no ETL Dataflow) - Unsuccessful

- Copied an old card that is firing off email notifications (change filter to this particular customer) - Unsuccessful

- Changed my email (work) to a private gmail account - Unsuccessful.

Could there a limit to the number of Email Notifications per Login or Domo Client ?

Or is there some simple tick box that says, Don't Email ?

image.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor

I can receive by the following setting.

私は、以下の設定で受信できています。

Dojo_AlertsTriggeredbutnoemail.PNG

• Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Tomo-san arigatou gomzaimasu,

However, it looks like I have a different setup to your login.

The login access I have is Admin so I'm surprised I don't have the same options.

It also appears new alerts are the ones not sending an email notification as the old alerts (pre-2017) are currently working.

1. Alerts and Notification Settings1. Alerts and Notification Settings

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor

Hi

WAO! It isn't indicated, is it?
    It seems better to contact Domo support.

表示されていないのですね。
    Domoサポートに連絡した方が良さそうです。

• Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Thank you Tomo-san,

I've already contacted them. Doing the dance between Domo Support and Tech Support to prove our company email filters are not blocking their emails as I'm still getting notifications for alerts setup pre-Feb 2017.

Hey, how is Domo doing in Japan ? Is it gaining much traction ?

I've shown it to a couple of my Japanese friends who are interested but never heard of Domo.

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor

@Domofied

The enterprise which uses Domo thinks it's increasing.
    A Domo user meeting is also held in Japan, and a community is also spreading.

I think the celebrity is little compared with a famous BI tool.
    An open seminar isn't being held in Japan, so I don't have many chances to touch the name as Domo at outside the company yet.

Domoを利用する企業は増えてきていると思います。
    日本でも、Domoユーザー会が開催されていたり、コミュニティも広がりつつあります。

有名なBIツールに比べると、知名度は少ないと思います。
    日本でオープンなセミナーを開催していないので、社外でDomoという名前に触れる機会はまだ少ないです。

• Gimli
    Gimli Domo Employee

Hello @Domofied and @Tomo

The reason why your screenshots are different is because of the version of domo you are on. 

The option is still present in the notification settings. It just has a new location. 

The option should either be above or below your notification settings. 

Cheers!

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Thanks ilikenno for explaining but without screenshots I really don't know where to look.

I've been on this mad merry go round for the past month, dancing  between checking if our company has filters vs Domo not sending notifications.

I can confirm there are no restrictions set to notifications@domo.com becasuse I can set Schedule Reports which work without fail. However looking at my Alerts History (screenshot attached) it shows alerts being triggered throughout the day.

So it goes back to the different versions for Domo.

Option: Send email and sms even when online.

Could we please have the same version to enable this option ?

Or if it is available, please send some screenshots through to show.

I've attached a list of screenshots to show the options available per tab.

• Gimli
    Gimli Domo Employee

Hello, 
    Looking at the new set of screenshots it appears that something else may be occurring. Some of the notification settings are designed for Buzz. Looking at your screenshots I do not see any of the options for Buzz in the screenshots. 
    Do you know if your company has had Buzz Chat disabled? 
    If they have this would be why these additional options are not available to you. 
    However, even if they are not present they do not have any effect over emails being sent for alerts. 
    If you still have buzz enabled in your instance then something else might be occurring. 

Cheers!

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Domofied
    Domofied Contributor

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me get through this as we had a blessing this morning when it started raining alerts.

This discussion has been closed.