Percentage value not showing correctly in one of the series.....

Hi,

Need help with card building.

As you can see in below screenshot, there are 3 series of values which shows %rate. But the last one (conversion rate) is appearing as 100% which is actualy is in the range of 1-2%. I tried changing all formats (percentage, number, default... check box - divided by 100)

2017-07-22_15-50-49.jpg 

Best Answer

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor
    Answer ✓

Try "ELSE 0"

SUM((CASE WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Conversion Activities - Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` ELSE 0 END )) / SUM((CASE WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` ELSE 0 END ))

Answers

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor

Isn't null using an included column for the denominator by an arithmetic expression of BEAST MODE?

Won't a chart, but a table be 100%?

BEAST MODEの計算式で、分母にnullが含まれるカラムを利用していませんか?

また、グラフではなく表でも100%になりますか?

• this is the beast mode which pulling conversion rate:

(SUM((CASE  WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Conversion Activities - Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` END )) / SUM((CASE  WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` END ))) 

• I think that you have a misplaced parenthesis in your equation.  Try this instead:

(SUM((CASE  WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Conversion Activities - Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` END ))) / (SUM((CASE  WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` END )))

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Thanks Scott for digging... but this also didnt helped :(

• Perhaps we need to look at the data to get a better picture of what is going on here.  You have a column called `Segment Name` which contains the values "Conversion Activities - Overall" and "Overall".  

In your equation, we search for the value "Conversion Activities - Overall" and when we find that we sum the `Unique Visitors` column.  This tells us how many visitors fell into the "Conversion Activities - Overall" segment.  

We then look at the same segment column for the value "Overall" and when we find that we sum the `Unique Visitors` column.  In this case, I'm not sure that the divisor is really capturing all of the visitors from every segment. 

Maybe try something like this?

(SUM((CASE  WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Conversion Activities - Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` END )) / SUM(`Unique Visitors`) 

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • I'm trying to achieve conversion rate for a particular page of a portal. To get this we divide conversion activity unique visitors by overall unique visitors of portal (achieving this by ETL data).

I successfully created 6-7 cards similar type for other pages with same beast mode applied, but not sure why in this card conversion rate coming as 100%. I want to remove extra 00% bcoz correct value are mostly 1% troughout the months (except 2% in one or two months). I checked in previous cards and nothing found any thing different, this is realy weird :(

• can you look at a data table to check the values of those fields to make sure they are correct?

Or you could create a sumo card to check the sum of unique visitors when the segment is Overall and when it is a conversion.

It could be an issue with the data and not one with your beast mode.

• Tomo
    Tomo Contributor
    Answer ✓

Try "ELSE 0"

SUM((CASE WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Conversion Activities - Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` ELSE 0 END )) / SUM((CASE WHEN (`Segment Name` = 'Overall') THEN `Unique Visitors` ELSE 0 END ))

This discussion has been closed.