Category Scale Title

Options

Hello,

I have created a grouped bar and I am trying to label every title. Kindly refer the screenshot for better explanation. 

Domo Question.PNG

I am looking to create a grouped bar like this and I am unable to label iTunes with -22%. Or Vudu with -19% or Xbox with +59%.

I want to label iTunes, Vudu, Xbox, Google, Comcast, Other with a previous value or previous percentage.

Is that possible in Domo? If it is, can you please guide me through that? It would be really helpful.

Thank you.  

Comments

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

You could create a Symbol and Grouped Bar.  1.png

One key thing here is to apply the General Chart property "Sync Zero Lines".  Otherwise the accounts negative numbers can still look like a positive growth if you aren't paying attention to the scales.  You will also want to use the "%_VALUE" macro in the Data Label Settings.

An alternative would be the "Grouped Bar" option:

2.png

This option provides a little more visibility for the Variance bar.  In this option, You need to use the Value Scale (right) property:3.png

Hope this helps.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • user00331
    Options

Hi Scott,

Yes, this really helps. Both of them are good alternatives to what I was trying to see.

However, can you tell me how you have labeled your bars as $2m or $3m in the first screenshot? Also, how did you use the "%_VALUE" macro in the Data Label Settings? That is not working for me. 

Again, thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

Sure, Here are the two options you asked about.  The macro for the Data label settings goes in the text field and you have to type it in all caps %_VALUE ... not %_value or %_Value

How to Abbreviate the data labelsHow to Abbreviate the data labels

Data Label Macro %_VALUEData Label Macro %_VALUE

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • user00331
    Options

Hi Scott,

Yes that works for me. Thank you very much for your help. 

However, just a small question. Is there any way to label the values in bar as number and in symbols as a percentage? 

• ST_-Superman-_
    Options

Yes,

6.png

• user00331
    Options

Great! Thank you very much Scott

• user00331
    Options

I figured it out. That symbol and grouped bar worked for me. 

This discussion has been closed.