Category Scale Title

Hello,

I have created a grouped bar and I am trying to label every title. Kindly refer the screenshot for better explanation. 

Domo Question.PNG

I am looking to create a grouped bar like this and I am unable to label iTunes with -22%. Or Vudu with -19% or Xbox with +59%.

I want to label iTunes, Vudu, Xbox, Google, Comcast, Other with a previous value or previous percentage.

Is that possible in Domo? If it is, can you please guide me through that? It would be really helpful.

Thank you.  

Comments

• You could create a Symbol and Grouped Bar.  1.png

One key thing here is to apply the General Chart property "Sync Zero Lines".  Otherwise the accounts negative numbers can still look like a positive growth if you aren't paying attention to the scales.  You will also want to use the "%_VALUE" macro in the Data Label Settings.

An alternative would be the "Grouped Bar" option:

2.png

This option provides a little more visibility for the Variance bar.  In this option, You need to use the Value Scale (right) property:3.png

Hope this helps.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi Scott,

Yes, this really helps. Both of them are good alternatives to what I was trying to see.

However, can you tell me how you have labeled your bars as $2m or $3m in the first screenshot? Also, how did you use the "%_VALUE" macro in the Data Label Settings? That is not working for me. 

Again, thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

• Sure, Here are the two options you asked about.  The macro for the Data label settings goes in the text field and you have to type it in all caps %_VALUE ... not %_value or %_Value

How to Abbreviate the data labelsHow to Abbreviate the data labels

Data Label Macro %_VALUEData Label Macro %_VALUE

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Hi Scott,

Yes that works for me. Thank you very much for your help. 

However, just a small question. Is there any way to label the values in bar as number and in symbols as a percentage? 

• Yes,

6.png

• Great! Thank you very much Scott

• I figured it out. That symbol and grouped bar worked for me. 

This discussion has been closed.