Has anyone been able to connect to Google Trends data?

One of our executives sent an email embedding a graph from google trends around a recent campaign we ran, and I'd like to get this view into our DOMO dashboard. Has anyone successfully pulled something from an external dashboard?

Comments

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

Hi all,

Can anybody help @evan_mchugh with their question?

Thanks!

• nlingwall
    nlingwall Domo Employee

As far as I can see there is no connector for Google Trends currently.  If there is a way to access the same data through Google Analytics we will be able to pull that data into Domo. Is there a way to email your data from Google Trends?  If so, then that could be sent to a box folder and have the data uploaded through that.

As for pulling the same chart into Domo from Google Trends, I would pull the data then rebuilding that chart from that data in Domo.   Not sure about the iframe functionality between Google Trends and Domo.

I would also add the connector for Google Trends to the innovations section of the Dojo so that it will get on the radar of our connector team.  

If you are technically savy we also have a place were you would be able to develop the connector as well.  Please check out developer.domo.com to find more information about that.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@evan_mchugh, did nlingwall's reply help answer your question?

• Hi there.

I use this great tool called Supermetrics. It's a Google Spreadsheet add-on.

Super-useul. Take a look.

https://supermetrics.com/product/supermetrics-for-google-drive/

Go

screenshot179.jpg

• Interesting link to supermetrics. Are you using this to refresh a query from google trends? If so, would you mind sharing your workflow?

Tom

• Tom,

Yes, there's a scheduled refresh & email feature in Supermetrics that let you set a refresh every month/week/day/hour and send you email notification when completed.

Go

This discussion has been closed.