Webform refresh

Hello,

I have a dataset embedded into a webform. So, wanted to know in case we refresh the dataset, the webform will also be refreshed (in terms of new columns added to the dataset or new addition to the data)?

Thanks,

Bharti

Comments

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

Hi 

Did you use the import functionality when creating the Webform and imported from another dataset?

If this is the case, when you change the dataset that you imported from the Webform won't change, the import functionality is just for help in initially populating the webform.

Hope this helps.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • So, is there any other solution which can help in refreshing of data and having done a manual entry to a particular column, as possible in webform?

Thanks,

Bharti

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

You can use a google sheet with the data you want to update, and then use ETL to link it to your main DATA.

Google Sheet connector can be configured to fetch data from at predefined intervals and constituently fire the ETL that joins the DATA.

Hope this helps.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • Hi,

Can you give me a reference to read and understand more on datasheet being built on google sheet and how to apply an ETL there.

Thanks,

Bharti

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor

So you can find some more information on google sheet conector here:

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=googlesheets

As for ETL, here is some info:

http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=createmagic

If you can provide some more details i can try and help you.

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• Hi,

Let me explain the scenario..There is an output dataset (which refreshes regularly) to which we need to add two extra columns for which entries need to be done manually (corresponding to the refreshed data). Please let me know a feasible solution to this.

I tried creating a webform in which the dataset was embedded and then created two new columns within it and was able to do the manual entry too but the issue was that the dataset when refreshed , did not refresh the webform.

Please help, if this can be achieved through google sheets.

Thanks,

Bharti

• It's a little complicated, but your friends at Domo can help.  

Step 1:  You will need a MySQL DataFlow, which is specially enabled to generate a Webform.  This is not something you can do on your own.  

Step 2:  Use the dataset as the input in the above query to create the webform.  It is important never to delete the resultant Webform or change the output of that query.  

Step 3:  If you are wanting to periodically change your input dataset which builds your webform, you simply have it uploaded normally, make it the input table in your MySQL query, and do a Select * statement to overwrite the table.

Note:  You can also do more complicated things with it, but the more compicated you get, the less flexible the query becomes for input channges.  If it will be more complicated, you may want to have a Magic ETL dataflow upstream so that your MySQL can be a simple Select *.  

Good Luck!

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking a reaction in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"