Data Types

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the data type of a data source in Domo after it's been uploaded, or does the data type need to be changed before it is uploaded to Domo?

Comments

• nalbright
    nalbright Contributor

You would need to add a corrected data source, at least as I understand it.  Once a data source is uploaded, you can change its name but not the type of data it is.  Can you give some specific examples of a data source you would need changed?

"When I have money, I buy books. When I have no money, I buy food." - Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • swyatt
    swyatt Contributor

It needs to be changed prior to upload. 

EDIT: I may be misinterpreting your question. Do you mean transforming a column?

• pliu
    pliu Contributor

@pmatsumiyaYou can use dataflow to transform your data type after it's been uploaded.

e.g. the alter table statement below can turn the id column to case-senstitve.

ALTER TABLE Account MODIFY Id VARCHAR(15) BINARY;

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@pmatsumiya, did any of the above suggestions help? Please let us know. Thanks!

• I would like to change the a column that is currently set as a string into a date format. I need to change it to a date format because my card is viewing the date column as a text. So there is no way I can aggregate by data by Month, week etc.

Also in the same coulum there is a  value that is called total. I need to delete that as well.  The ETL can do this but I would like to use the MySQL dataflow for this. 

• pliu
    pliu Contributor

skhan28, can you provide a sample of your data?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".