Control Charts - Mean, Upper Control Limit (UCL), and Lower Control Limit (LCL)

swagner
swagner Contributor

I posted a requested in the Idea Exchange for a new chart type, Statistical Process Control Charts (link below).  I wanted to ask the Dojo if anyone has done something like this already?  What I really need to be able to include in a line chart are the Mean, UCL and LCL values.  Plotting the actual results with those lines displayed is what I'm trying to accomplish.

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/New-Card-Type-Request-Statistical-Process-Control-Charts/idi-p/21465 

Anyone know how to do this?

Image result for SPC chart example

Comments

• KaLin
    KaLin Member

Is there anyone that could help with this request?

• With line graphs, I know there's a way to show average and median lines with some tinkering (under Chart Properties>Grid Lines>Calculated Line).

The only other option I can think of is to use for UCL and LCL is to use Chart Properties>Scale Marker Range, enter in your min and max values, and make the lines red like you have them. Of course, you would need to know what those values are and would be static instead of calculated. From there, you can shade the area between the two limits to highlight the area of focus.

This may or may not be exactly what you needed, but let me know if that helps.

• swagner
    swagner Contributor

Thanks @ADerbak, but the UCL and LCL do need to be dynamic for this to really be what I need.  Don't forget, if you support the idea follow the link to the Idea Exchange and "Like" that post please.

This discussion has been closed.