When will we be able to publish adobe illustrator made apps into a publication slideshow?

theCHIVE
theCHIVE Contributor

This will be a GAME CHANGER for us around the office.

Comments

• kamuela
    kamuela Domo Employee

@product_John any comment on this one?

I am no longer with Domo. Please @mention @Millhouse for connector specific questions.
  • product_John
    product_John Domo Employee

Hi @theCHIVE.  Publishing Apps to a slideshow is something that is currently on our roadmap.  From a technical standpoint, we need a new service to allow us to accomodate this.  That new service is coming this year though I don't have an exact ETA.  There are a couple of areas that Apps falls short of parity behavior with cards built through card builder and we are working to resolve all of those.

This might be a candidate for a beta feature.  If that is the case, would you be interested in testing out this solution when it is ready?

Product Manager, Domo Apps
  • theCHIVE
    theCHIVE Contributor

Absolutely, yes!

• kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@product_John, tagging you in case you haven't seen theCHIVE's reply.

• I'd also be interested in participating in beta use of this feature. My organization is wanting to use these slideshows, but we have to use custom apps to meet the need.

@product_John Any word on where this feature is in the roadmap?

Thanks!

• product_John
    product_John Domo Employee

@bdhowe we are getting close to this feature.  There are a few back-end systems that need to be in place so we can provide the app assets needed for published slideshows.  Once that is ready, some small integrations are needed in our tool to close out the work.   I am hopeful that we can kick off the beta next quarter.

Thanks for checking in on this.  

Product Manager, Domo Apps
  • @product_John If possible, can I volunteer for the beta as well?

I recently developed a custom employee scorecard in Design Studio showing an employee's information and goal tracking for the year, which will ultimately need to be distributed to hundreds of employees.

The current approach would entail taking a screenshot, so having early access to the beta would be a huge benefit and relief to the stakeholders asking for this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.