I have a bar + line graph for with long category names. How do I display the full category names?

Options

I've attached a screen shot of the issue. I don't want the "..." - I'd liek the whole category name.

Comments

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor
    Options

Hi there joshneck,

In the chart properties under the "Category Scale (X)" property, there should be an option titled "Max Rotated Label Length". If you adjust this to a large number (Greater than the character length of the longest category) it should display the full category label. 

I can't promise that this will be asthetically pleasing, however. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • Joshneck
    Options

Hey there XervaMason - thanks for the answer!

Unfortunately it didn't do the trick. I had actually tried that before posting the question and was surprised that it didn't work. Any other ideas?

• PodiumMason
    PodiumMason Contributor
    Options

Dang. I'm thinking that the number of categories on the graph and the length of the categories is precluding showing the entire label. 

One thing that worked with long labels as I tested was to filter the graph down to just a few categories at a time, this would allow the graph to rotate the labels and display them in their entirety with wrapped text.

Not the answer you're looking for but might be helpful. Someone else on the board might have another suggestion on this one. 

Best of luck!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
This discussion has been closed.