Is it possible to hide a column in the final data grid view?

SJ
SJ Member

I am in process of building a card and drill path views and while I want users to be able to drill down to the final data grid view, is it possible to hide sensitive columns? I was hoping there was a way to edit the drill path and mark only columns you want to include and/or unselect the columns you do not want.  Some of these have over 50 columns so building a Sumo card didn't seem so practical.

If not, what are some ideas on how to get around this?  I can always duplicate the data flow and remove the sensitive columns on 1 flow while keeping on the other so that I can still build the cards requiring the sensitive data - but even if that case wouold have to prevent drill down on the ones with Sensitive data and so prefer to keep 1 data flow and hide the sensitive data.

Thanks!

Comments

• Godzilla
    Godzilla Contributor

why don't  you create a drill through that looks like the final data grid minus the sensitive column and then mark the 'Prevent drilling to final data grid view' to Yes. 

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • kshah008
    kshah008 Contributor

@SJ, did Godzilla's reply help you out?

• SJ
    SJ Member

No, but we can add as an idea to be able to customize the drill to detail for example if I only want to hide 1 column and/or several.  The data sets I am working with are too large, too many columns to add a drill path view.  To solve or as a workaround I created a new data flow without the confidential column.

Thanks,
    Stacy

• @kshah008 @SJ

You guys should really fix this drill down problem.  My guess is this is a common issue among business users... 

• @btm

Do we have something on the road map that addresses this?

Thanks!
    Dani

• AshfordMH
    AshfordMH Contributor
    @SJ try using an ETL dataflow and excluding the sensitive columns in the final output. That should remove the column that you want in the drill down.
This discussion has been closed.