Alerts for DataSets

Is there a way to send an alert when a dataset fails to update? Our company is new to the DOMO platform and we're still working out some kinks with getting our database to continually update data in DOMO. I currently get an email alert when my daily update has failed 3 days in a row but it would be great if I could get notified the first time a dataset fails so I can address the problem sooner. Any help in setting up alerts for datasets would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓
    I do not know if the redshift conector has it, but if it follows the logic applied to other conectors you sould be able to acess if from the dataset configuration. Maybe the screen cap can help you on this...

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.

Answers

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Where does your dataset come from? Workbench or a DOMO connector?

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

**You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • It's from the Redshift connector. 

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Redshift connector or Redshft dataflow?

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• The Redshift connector.

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Do you have the Notification set to "send mail only when this Dataset fails to update" on the connector?

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• I don't believe so. Where can you change that setting?

• RGranada
    RGranada Contributor
    Answer ✓
    I do not know if the redshift conector has it, but if it follows the logic applied to other conectors you sould be able to acess if from the dataset configuration. Maybe the screen cap can help you on this...

Ricardo Granada 

MajorDomo@Lusiaves

• Ah there it is. I think that solution should work. Thanks for your help!