Bar Chart -- Add Unique or Count Distinct to Axis/Series Aggregation

I am building a card to reflect work completion status and found repeating IDs are counted repeatedly.  Is there any way to have "unique" or "count distinct" function there?  Source data is attached too.

Please see the image below for comparison between data shown on a stacked bar chart & sumo card.  Please understand: I cannot use Sumo card as I need to drilldown to further details.  Of course, if Sumo cards is made drill-path enabled, then there is no issue.

sumo.png

The expected result is to have "6" (unique count) shown on WIP portion of the bar chart.

Comments

• If I'm understanding your question correctly, I believe the solution would be to add a Beast Mode to accomplish this, as "unique" or "count distinct" are not aggregation options in the value field dropdown. The syntax would be something like: COUNT(DISTINCT `feature_id`). Does this achieve your desired outcome?

• Actually, no.  While it is a solution to use beast mode to display distinct count, there is no way to use it in a bar chart......In my example, I would like to see "6" for the WIP portion of the bar, not "71" shown currently.

• Here's an example of a horizontal stacked bar chart with a count distinct of one field and a count of another field. To add more fields to the chart you can simply add them to the series (as long as they're aggregated). Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 4.47.02 PM.png

• Thank you for your reply.  However the data I provided was only partial of what we need.  As an end goal, we would need to have a 100% stacked bar showing completed, WIP and Not Started.  Data label should show %_VALUE (count).

Here is the end result I'm looking for (generated using excel), and data used for this chart.

sumo.png

Thanks.

• Thank you for your reply.  However the data I provided was only partial of what we need.  As an end goal, we would need to have a 100% stacked bar showing completed, WIP and Not Started.  Data label should show %_VALUE (count).

Here is the end result I'm looking for (generated using excel), and data used for this chart.

sumo.png

Thanks.

sumo.png

Thanks.

• @scottjackson, tagging you to check out @Hua's reply.

This discussion has been closed.