Google Adwords Campaign Script

Hi All,

I am trying to get Google Adwords campaign data into Domo (opposed to the keywords report). The reasoning here is that the data will not be limited to keywords.

From what I have heard from Domo support it is possible to get more then just keywords data using the import method they have documented. 

My question is has anyone created a successful script in Google Adwords to pull out campaign data?

Comments

• Hi all,

Can anybody help out @Boone408?

Thanks!

• Hi @Boone408,

Thank you for reaching out. I read that you had spoken wth Domo Support about this, but I couldn't find any case to cross reference. I just wanted to provide you with the Google Adwords Documentation we have here: http://knowledge.domo.com?cid=googleadwords

That guide obviously lays out the steps for creating the Keywords Report, but the scripts can be modified to your liking. I know this queston was directed more toward the community, so it can be left open, but I wanted to be sure to provide you with those details as a base. 

If you need anything else please feel free to reach out to Domo Support.

Thank you,

Maxwell Isley

Technical Advisor 

• Billobi
    Billobi Contributor

Hi @Boone408,

Old topic, still relevant, figured I'd share something that I found.  Depending on the Ads instance, the scripting for the CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT to get exported to Google sheets works fine, UNLESS it's a Google Express account 

https://developers.google.com/google-ads/scripts/docs/limits#adwords_express

The data behind Express accounts is particularly hidden since it's intended to be a hands-off way of giving ad spend to Google and then having it spent however deemed relevant.  If you were able to get the script to run and had the file & headers show up in Google Sheets but had no rows of data, then it very possible could have been an Express account.

That said...has anyone identified a workaround to get Express data to feed SmartCampaign performance into a full instance so that anyone could use the regular Google Sheets method to extract the data?